Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Waiting For Sunrise

God woke me up at 5 o'clock this morning. Those who know me know that I am not a morning person and that nothing short of an act of God would get me up that early! In fact, I was very annoyed when my eyes popped open at 5 a.m. and refused to close. However, I got to experience some things that I'd like to share with you. First off I got to spend time with my husband before he left for work. As I sat in the livingroom with him talking and laughing at 6 a.m. I realized how often I don't make time for him. I think about how many mornings he's gotten up alone, showered, dressed and left for work without even a "goodbye" or "I love you". Why? So that I can have an extra two hours of sleep? After he had left I decided that I would do some laundry while our toddler was still sleeping. After only a few minutes, however, I felt the urge to sit outside and watch the sunrise instead. So I abandoned our pile of clean clothes on our bed and headed out. I took a folding chair out onto our porch and sat waiting for the sunrise. As I sat there I was suddenly struck by the beauty of God's creation. It was around 7 a.m. and it was just light enough to barely see. I could hear birds calling, squirrels barking and a rooster crowing. There was a slight breeze and our tall pines swayed. The sky grew lighter and lighter by shades. It was breath-taking. How could I sleep until 9 o'clock every morning and miss this? Then God spoke to my heart and I thought about how much of God's glory we miss every day.



A sunrise, a sunset, a thunderstorm, a beautiful sunny day. He changes day to night, summer to autumn and all at jut the right time. Most of the time we go about our lives in too much of a hurry to notice how flawlessly our world has been made. When we lose appreciation for God's creation, we begin to lose appreciation for God. We were put here to tend and maintain the earth for God but we act like spoiled children with no respect for our Father's posessions. And we are one of them. I have been very humbled this morning and ashamed that I have neglected to appreciate what God has given me. I was created by an awesome God who loves me and cares about me. He created this beautiful world and every living thing in it. He has given me a wonderful husband who works hard to provide for his family. He has promised me a home in Heaven where I can be with Him who made me forever and ever. I'm grateful that God woke me up this morning and I'm glad that it was at 5 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment